Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm back...

Well that was interesting. All of a sudden everything started crashing, especially Media Player. An entire night of scanning for various problems didn't reveal any issues, so I decided a re-grind of Windows was in order. I had visions of needing a new video card which would have really annoyed me, but the rebuild seems to have done the job and everything seems ok so far.

As to the jibes about my online gaming exploits, rest assured that I wouldn't bother with fibs, I'd just go quiet. But it'll be a while before I'm back in action in that arena. I now have about 30gig of games to re-install, plus all the updates, mods and add-ons which I'd neglected to save anywhere... Sigh...

One thing I've changed though, I've moved to Office 2007. Now that's a bit different...

4 Comments:

Sean Wright said...

Could be memory. That's the only problem I have had. Thought I had a virus - reformatted 3 times, went grey in the process.

Plonka said...

I hope not the rams almost new...

Snowy said...

Hi Plonka,

Just thought I'd drop in and wish you the compliments of the season. Oh, and belated congratulations on winning the election.

Snowy

Dikkii said...

Good to see the problem's fixed.

I'm actually going to give Office a miss when I do my next upgrade in favour of Open Office. I ehar good things about it.

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog