Saturday, November 17, 2007

Tagged

Damn! And here was I all geared up to play some Call of Duty that's COD4, which is all new and better than good, and Sean goes and tags me. Oh well...

To the rules:

  1. Describe my earliest memory where the memory is clear, and where "clear" means I can depict at least three details.
  2. Give an estimate of my age at the time.
  3. Tag five other bloggers with this meme.
My earliest memory is getting told off for getting back in the pool after mum had gotten me ready to go out.

It was a canvas wading pool, set up under the clothesline and the clothesline had an old canvas tarp draped over it to keep the sun off the pool, or more to the point, off the kids that were in it. Mum dragged me out, gave me a right royal bollicking, got me dressed, again, then bundled me into our red and white FC Holden to go wherever it was we went. I was about 2 at the time.

I tag: Dikkii, Psychoatheist, Mister Jebs Blog (Tina), The Honest Doubter & Tomsheepandgoats

13 Comments:

tina FCD said...

What's a canvas wading pool? I thought the idea with the clothesline was cool.
Thanks for the Tag...I did mine, but it's not a happy memory, but my first as I recall.

Plonka said...

A canvas wading pool is a kids paddling pool. These days they tend to be made out of plastic and the dad has to bust a lung blowing it up on christmas afternoon. But when I was a kid they were made from canvas and had a frame.

Cool, I'll run over and take a look.

Plonka said...

Shit! I can't even spell "Mister". Sorry Tina it's fixed now...

tina FCD said...

That's okay, but thanks for fixing it.

Sean Wright said...

I remember our wading pool being a square one made out of blue woven plastic.

Plonka said...

Ok, so maybe I'm showing my age but then, it was bought for my eldest brother who is 12 years my senior, so maybe I can get away with it after all...:)

Soldierwhy said...

Thanks for the tag mate. Like Tina's it's not a very happy memory but it's been fun reading the others.

Dikkii said...

Ta for the tag, Plonka. I'll get there, it might just take a couple of days.

tom sheepandgoats said...

Hmmmm

I'll have to think about that one, Plonka. They're all pretty obscure. And I'm not sure of the chronology. But maybe I'll come up with something. I'll try.

Okay, how's this? I distinctly remember my room and my record player when I lived in the house in which I was born. And playing over and over again the 45 record Charlie Brown, by the Coasters.

Plonka said...

Dikkii:

No worries, take your time.

Tom:

You're supposed to blog it then tag 5 other bloggers, but I'll accept it.

Dikkii said...

Tag closed.

Thanks again, Plonka.

tom sheepandgoats said...

Plonka:

Also, I culled a post out of our recent exchange on alt health & science. Put in your two cents if you like......ooh, that's an American expression....does it make any sense down under?

Plonka said...

Well, we haven't had 2c pieces for a while here, 5c is our smallest denomination, so it's generally 5c worth, but the idea's the same...

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog