Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm back, but still slack

Well here we are back again after a particularly harrowing, awkward, embarrassing and very dark patch.

Those who used to read regularly will be aware that I got retrenched some time ago. One even asked "Why the silence?" Well now I once again have the means and the access, I can finally explain myself.

It's unfortunate that the bills and mortgage payments don't stop when you lose your job don't you think? That caused a bit of grief and meant that for a short time, I had to let my internet access lapse in order to pay for other things. That was a little embarrassing, so I thought it best to keep my own counsel and save you all my depressed rants.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I just finished my first week in my new job WOO-HOO!!! To add to that, the very week I start, Wayne Swan came through with nice tax return for me, so I'm all back up and running and my mortgage is up to date. A pity really, I was about to receive a foreclosure letter which meant I'd have been able to cash some of my super in and put it into my house. I was a week away from having everything I needed and along comes a job and a tax return. Oh well...

So what am I doing these days? Well some will undoubtedly be pleased to here that I've joined the wonderful world of academia. No, I'm not lecturing in IT, I'm simply the new Problem Manager at Deakin University here in sunny Victoria. The position is reasonably senior and affords me many things like "flex time" and the standard Victorian public service "work life balance" thing. On top of that, they're an excellent and brilliant bunch, very easy to get along with, very helpful and very friendly. I'm based at the Water Front Campus in Geelong (right on the beach) which is a very easy 30 minute commute in a comfy V-Line train from Werribee where I live. What I like most though is the full and unfettered access to the library that I'll have once the paper work is complete...:)

Apologies are due to those that I missed due to a lack of access. I hope to see you all online again soon, but right now I have some catching up to do...

19 Comments:

phoenix said...

What sort of time do you call this to be coming home, young man? Where have you been, and who have you been catting around with? Did you have anything to do with that siren we heard before? You do realise that your father and I have been worried sick, don't you?

Oh, I don't care, you little scamp.*big hug* Come here and cuddle your mama. I'm just glad that you're all right.

:o) Good to see you back. G says hi.

Plonka said...

young man

Sigh... Phoenix, I think I'm falling in love...:)

Say g'day to G for me and don't worry, I'll get to that post I was promising, I promise...:)

Dikkii said...

Welcome back, Plonka.

You have been missed.

Plonka said...

Thanks Dikkii, it's good to be back. Hell it was good just to be able to afford to be back...:)

Sean Wright said...

Welcome back cobber

Plonka said...

Thanks Sean.

tina FCD said...

Man! I got so tired of reading that bio-fuel post! I can recite it by heart!
Really good to have you back on line. You're still on my blog of favorites that I read regularly. :)

Plonka said...

Sorry there hasn't been much for you to read lately Tina, I'll get on to it this weekend.

tina FCD said...

I was just picking on you, post when you can. :)

Petermcc said...

Jeeze, the things you miss when you go touring Oz.

I'm heading back to Horsham Friday otherwise lunch might have been possible.

Vox just added a new link option so I'll be a more regular reader from now on.

Now I'd better get back to job hunting.

I was aiming at the stop go man on a road gang but I'm under qualified. Jeeze. How hard could it be?

Plonka said...

I'm heading back to Horsham Friday

The grapevine beat you Pete.

I was aiming at the stop go man on a road gang but I'm under qualified.

You can't be serious! I've seen you wave traffic by when you're on your bike, if you can do it when you're mobile, surely you can do it at some roadworks...

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I assume polite post. Especially the title attracted me to study the sound story.

Indica Man said...

Where ARE you?????

http://itsmedicinejim.blogspot.com/

I miss you bloke.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular model. The prices for the velcros were all over 240 dollars everwhere. But for all I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 310 bucks everwhere. But definitively I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers are about 200 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog